Happy Friday, friends! Don't you just love a short week? I know I do.
Here are some random things I've been thinking about this week:
- Since when are stuffed animals called "plush" animals or, worse, "plushies"? Just when did this disturbing trend start? What was wrong with stuffed animals?
- Is it just me or does anyone else have to type those comment authentication letters and numbers more than once because you can't fucking read them? Is it an "r" or an "n"?
- Does anyone else buy the story that Tom and Katie weren't trying to hide Suri and they don't understand why everyone was making such a big deal? I call bullshit. I love how they just had made a point to say that no money was exchanged for those photos. Not even for charity. Uh huh. But that Suri. She sure is beautiful. Her real parents must be so proud! (Yes, I went there.)
Okay, enough. Let's love up on some links:
- Did you hear about how some pathetic MySpace skank tried to rip off MetroDad and other parent bloggers?
- The movie Red Doors opens today. The director is Georgia Lee, a Harvard-educated, Asian woman (holla!) who was mentored by Martin Scorsese. Watch the trailer and you will be hooked. I will be interviewing Lee soon for Blogher. I'll let you know when. (And if you think of any questions you'd like to ask her, let me know and I will happy to ask them on your behalf!)
- Check out the hot new design on my food blog. I'm trying to post more regularly (at least once a week) because cooking really is my true passion. (Look for a new CityMama design soon.)
- Chase hits the nail on the head. (begin rant) Thanks George W. Bush (you ASSHOLE) and your right-wing Christian Fundamentalist
automatonssupporters for ruining the reputation of our country.
- And, oh my goodness, lookee what we have here. (Gosh, really? Shocking isn't it? Wow. I sure wished I'da known that before we went and fucked up another country.) Thanks for involving us all in your little "crusade." I'm so happy that my children will grow up in a world where some people would like to kill them just for being Americans. That just makes me feel so good inside. Anyone who voted for him should be ashamed of themselves. (end rant)
- A special announcement for SF Bay Area residents: Jennifer over at the Bay Area Discovery Museum informs me that Chris Molla, formerly of Camper Van Beethoven, will be performing an interactive sing-and-dance kids' show there on Thursday 9/14 at 11:00 AM.Check the BADM website for ticket infomation.
- Blogs I'm digging: Construction Deal, Baggage That Goes With Mine, and House of Prince.
A note about the blogs I dig. When I started blogging in the spring of 2004, I suppose it was sort of late in the game as far as blogging was concerned. As a result, I missed out on reading a lot of the "mom blogs" that quickly come to mind when the words "mom blogs" are mentioned. I might check in on them from time-to-time if someone slides me a link to a post, but they aren't my peeps, at it were. And before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, I absolutely do not mean that in a disparaging way.I started out reading people that no one has ever heard of. I made a point of it even, and still do. (I sure wish I had known about Construction Deal when we were remodeling our Portland kitchen.)
Late at night, when I finally have time for myself, there is nothing I like more than going on a blog roll journey. I hope you discover some great new blogs today and every Friday!