After our trip to the farmer's market today (and after our amazing dinner at Junnoon the previous night where I had a delicious plum, mung bean sprout, and peanut salad—review coming soon), I was inspired to make this summery salad.
This salad is chewy and satisfying. It's the perfect "big bowl" meal salad. My kids really loved this. I think it was the sprouted peanuts (the pink things in the photo).
Place the following in a large wooden bowl:
- 2 handfuls hearts of little gem lettuce
- 2 handfuls of sunflower sprouts
- 1 handful of spicy (or onion or radish) sprouts
- 1 handful of sprouted peanuts
- 1 handful of sprouted lentils
- a handful of heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
Toss with your favorite mustardy vinaigrette. Add sea salt and pepper to taste. Serve at once.