Yesterday, after a very lazy day of mall walking and debating whether to grill, last minute grill plans came together nicely, and just in time for me to grab some delicious-looking skirt steak from the butcher at the mall. Bunny took one look at the meat and admonished, "Why do you like eating animals so much!" and stomped off. Friends brought salad and white sangria and the backyard got spiffed up and kids played and got all tired out and that's all good. We also fired up with Wii Fit for some post-dinner crazy. Fun times.
Here's what I have planned for the week, a little late:'
- Tuesday—Leftover Farmer's Market Soup with pistou/pesto, dino chicken nuggets (for the kids), and corn on the cob
- Wednesday—Build Your Own Taco Salad Night with special guests
- Thursday—Penne with Asparagus and pesto (I made a bunch today), salad
- Friday—Family Movie Night (take-out)
- Saturday—Date night
- Sunday—I'm already thinking more skirt steak! It was so tender and so flavorful.