It's been over a month that I've planned a meal. What with all the Thanksgiving prep and the leftovers and the not wanting to eat anything poultry ever again, I haven't felt much like planning or cooking. Plus, without this weekly post to keep me honest, I admit I don't plan as well as I should. After last week's "what are we having for dinner nightmare," I sat down yesterday and planned out our meals for the week. They are as follows:
The [*] indicates locally grown, made, or sourced items.
- Monday--Pan-seared wild coho salmon, fresh-cracked Dungeness crab* (let's hear it for crab season!), and herbes de Provence-steamed artichokes* with garlic* aioli.
- Tuesday--The world's best meatloaf (I use real onion, garlic, and horseradish), baked potatoes, wedge salads* with Stilton dressing
- Wednesday--Fusilli with broccoli*, anchovy, and breadcrumbs*; green salad* (leftover pot roast, too)
- Thursday--Salmon cakes, rice*, sauteed snap peas*
- Friday Family Movie night--take out
- Saturday--date night
- Sunday--throwing a bloggeriffic get-together, menu is a (shhhhh) secret, but I will post pics (both of the food and the local "talent.")
Ah, it feels so good knowing what I've gone going on this week, culinarily anyway. Whachoo cookin' up this week?