First of all, thank you so much to everyone who submitted dinner salad (as in salads you can eat for dinner) recipes last week. I drooled over every one and will be incorporating them into our weekly dinner rotation as we head into summer. I think I can try them all before the summer is out.
But not this week. It was in the 50's and freezing today. I don't know what happened to our glimpse of summer, but for now, it's still spring.
Here is our menu for the week. It's another really busy week so I'm not trying anything new, just trying to get something quick and delicious on the table.
The [*] indicates locally grown or sourced items. Being able to find local rice and olives is just part of the joy of living and cooking in Northern California.
- Monday: Cream* of Asparagus* and Garlic* soup, homemade bread
- Tuesday: Chicken* and broccoli* stir-fry with black bean chili sauce, pork and leek gyoza, Japanese pickles, rice*
- Wednesday: Penne alla Puttanesca (tomato* and olive* sauce), salad*
- Thursday: Roasted cauliflower*, steamed asparagus* and fingerling potatoes* with lemony* Hollandaise, salad*
- Friday Family Movie Night: vegetarian Mediterranean take out.
- Saturday: (not sure yet)
- Sunday: Grilling night, I'll see what looks good at the farmer's market*.
What are you cooking this week? Trying anything new?