Okay friends, let's do this thing!
I'll share my weekly meal plan, but consider the comments below a place to share yours. We'll draw inspiration from each other while we share menus and support each other to find more healthful, economical, delicious, and non-time-consuming (wherever your interest lies) ways to feed our families.
Here's what I'm planning to cook this week and as always, the [*] indicates locally-sourced products.
- Monday: BBQ chicken quarters* (on the grill), potato* salad, green salad*
- Tuesday: Chili Chicken Dogs, snap peas, carrot* and celery* sticks + veggie dip
- Wednesday: Some kind of vegetable* stew as I have some sweet potatoes* to use. any ideas? Mara's sweet potato soup and beer bread, suggested in comments below. See? Inspiration!
- Thursday: Pasta with red pepper*-anchovy sauce, green salad
- Friday Family Night: Walk downtown and have dinner
- Saturday/Farmer's Market Day: (not sure yet)
- Sunday: This is our night to grill. We'll see what looks good at the Farmer's Market.
Please share your meals for the week in the comments below!