Did you know that this week is The Week of Eating In? The initiative started on the Huffington Post and is an awareness raising event which aims to help save you money and understand where your food comes from. Simple, sensible goals.
For those challenging themselves with a week of cooking at home I hope that this here blog will provide tips, tricks, and helpful ideas. There are lots of recipes sorted by category in the side bar, so grab a cup of tea or a glass of wine and click around. Happy cooking!
The * indicates locally grown or sourced items.
- Monday: Venison** and white bean chili; sheep's-milk yogurt* from our ewe (it's a dairy CSA); baked blue corn chips; salsa; chopped cilantro*, jalapeños*, and sweet onion*.
- Tuesday: Leftover vegetable soup* (made Sunday) and turkey* sandwiches. (I'm headed out to a Hawaii culinary event.)
- Wednesday: Lamb chops (disclosure: sent to me by the American Lamb Board), fresh mint* pesto, boiled fingerling potatoes, salad.
- Thursday: Grilled chicken breasts, big salad.
- Friday Family Movie Night: DIY pizzas with whole wheat dough* and assorted veggie and cheese toppings*.
- Saturday: Not sure yet. I look to you for inspiration!
- Sunday: Whole grain pasta with bolognese sauce, salad, roasted broccoli rabe (or whatever greens look good at the Farmer's market).
Your turn!**given to us by a friend of J.'s who went hunting in the Sierra. If you have a good venison chili recipe, let me know!