This recipe is healthier than regular fish tacos because the fish isn't fried and the dressing is the best-tasting low-fat dressing you will ever put into your mouth. (That's high praise from someone who usually makes her own salad dressing. It's really that good.) The kids gobbled this up.
- 1 package seasoned, frozen mahi mahi fillets from Trader Joe's (defrosted)
- 1/2 a head of cabbage, shredded (or a bag of shredded cabbage for slaw)
- Galeo's Miso Caesar* dressing (if you can find it) or your favorite dressing
- taco-sized tortillas (I always prefer corn, but whole wheat or brown rice works just as well)
- limes, quartered
- cilantro leaves for garnish
Grill (preferred) or bake mahi mahi according to package directions. In the meantime, toss the cabbage with dressing to taste (a little goes a long way), and set aside. Warm the tortillas.
When fish is done, cut into taco-sized "fingers". Place one finger in a tortilla, top with dressed cabbage, and serve topped with cilantro leaves and drizzled with lime. Serves a family of 4.
*found locally near me at Piazza's market.