- 1 cup of the best yogurt you can find. Homemade if possible. The quality really makes a difference. (Locally, I get mine from Fraiche.)
- 2-4 teaspoons (depending on your taste) of white balsamic, white wine or rice wine vinegar (a light/clear vinegar)
- 2-3 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- optional add-ins: one crushed garlic clove, some snipped fresh dill to taste
Put yogurt into a bowl. Whisk vinegar, sea salt, and pepper together until well-combined. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking constantly. Add in garlic and/or dill if using and let stand 15 minutes so flavors can combine. Remove garlic before serving. Makes about 1.5 cups. Keeps for about a week in the fridge.
Photo taken with Nikon D3000 loaner. Click to see larger photo, it's pretty!