My friend Jill Asher, formerly of Silicon Valley Moms Blog and now of Technorati, asked if I she could interview me for their annual State of the Blogosphere project, and of course I said yes, especially when she told me about the topics.
In about 30 minutes we talked about:
- Progression of blogs and technologies.
- Importance of Twitter and Facebook for instant connection and breaking news.
- Asking the question: do companies even want to be "social"?
- Companies targeting "women of color" in social media campaigns.
- Community and writing on collaborative blogs.
- How to handle "blog trolls" and negative comments: thoughtful and respectful disagreements.
- Food Blogging and especially how I see more moms embracing food blogging as a positive change in the state of the food blogosphere
- Monetizing content: Have realistic expectations.
- Blogging as a gateway for other opportunities.
- Defining reach and influence.
My interview is here.
Kudos to Technorati for kicking off the project with women! Including women of color! And a Canadian! I'm in amazing company. Please watch and listen to what these smart women had to say:
Please let me know what you think!