My meal plan this week is informed by my feeling a litle dodgy (thanks a lot, Baby Bundle!). I was looking forward to starting a period of vegetarian eating, but that's out the window until I feel like my body can handle it. Instead, this week is about comfort.
When I'm feeling terrible, it's hard to accomodate J.'s preferred Cross-Fit/Caveman Diet low-carb way of eating (and mine, too, when not pg), so I just try to make sure I have lots of salad fixins on hand. (And cheese, canned tuna and hard-boiled eggs, too.) If he doesn't want to eat what I'm making for dinner, he has salad-y options.
- Monday—Pasta with peas from Depression Cooking, salad. If you haven't ever watched Depression Cooking on YouTube, I highly recommend it. The simple recipes are made better with the addition of Great Grandma Clara's stories of how her family made it through the Depression. She says, they didn't have a lot, but they always had good food.
- Tuesday—Leftover Sausages, Cabbage and Potatoes. (I made this dinner for our Golden Globes party last night and it was great. A perfect Sunday night meal—with bonus leftovers!)
- Wednesday—Lentil Soup (more like a stew), dark German rye bread and butter, green salad
- Thursday—Coconut and Chicken Curry Soup, basmati rice (how good does this look?!)
PS I'm so glad my family loves soup. I could eat some form of it every single day.
- Friday—Family Movie Night (take out)
- Saturday & Sunday—not sure quite yet
What have you got on deck this week? Any favorite winter soups to share?