So the grocery delivery, at least from Planet Organics, was a bust. Two dented cans of beans, a pound of ground turkey that turned out to be only 12 ounces, and a moldy package of salami later, I've decided to rethink where I get my grocery delivery from. On the positive tip—we were well-stocked heading into the weekend.
Now that it's Tuesday, however, I'm finding that we're running low on things (again), and looking at my jam-packed schedule, there's no time to do a proper grocery shop between now and the weekend. Because we are a "two veg" at dinner family (salad and a hot vegetable), I had to dash in to Trader Joe's on my way home from a meeting today to ensure we had salad fixin's to get us through the week. There was only time to fill a hand basket and I was on my way again.
Here's what I have on deck for this week:
- Monday—We had Crock-Potted pork shoulder leftover from Sunday which I made into a chile verde with garbanzo beans. Easy peasy. Served the chile verde with rice and sauteed garlicky collards.
- Tuesday—Meatloaf (again!), kale and avocado salad, corn
- Wednesday—Braised chicken thighs with garlic and rosemary, toasted barley, sauteed mushrooms, green salad
- Thursday—Matzo ball soup, salad
- Friday Family Movie Night—take out and a movie
- Saturday—We usually play this night by ear
- Sunday—Grilled steaks, smashed potatoes, salad, broccoli
I also made a loaf of bread last week for the first time in ages. The girls have been requesting mustard bread so I'll make a loaf of that this week. So good for ham sandwiches!
How about you?