Baby Dash is finally weaned and you know what that means. It's back to Weight Watchers, which means that my weekly menus will take a PointsPlus-friendly turn. I haven't done Weight Watchers (for real) in about a year and a half—long enough to cook, birth, and nurse a baby (for nine months). My how things have changed! It's going to take me a month to refamiliarize myself with the points values and figure out the points for all my favorite snackies.
As I continue my weight-loss adventure, I very much welcome your favorite low-points/high-satisfaction recipes. Please share! Since this is not a diet blog, I won't be sharing points, but if you are familiar with Weight Watchers, you should be able to figure out the points for everything I'm cooking. In general, we try to limit carbs so you won't find pasta, rice, or potatoes as the centerpiece of our meals, but, rather, as an enhancement.
Here's what we have planned this week:
- Monday—Turkey breast, cranberry sauce, sauteed greens (kale, collards, chard) with potatoes and chilies
- Tuesday—This amazing-looking spaghetti and meatballs soup (though I may take a short cut with some frozen turkey meatballs), green salad
- Wednesday (CSA delivery day)—Barbacoa beef, celery salad
- Thursday—Pesto chicken breasts, green salad, something else from the CSA box
- Friday Family Movie Night (and WW weigh-in day aka "splurge day")—take out and a movie
- Saturday—Dinner with friends
- Sunday—Thai green curry chicken, rice
What's on deck for you this week?