As I've mentioned previously, I am part of Hidden Valley's Parent Panel where I love sharing tips on how to get kids to eat more vegetables. (I am compensated for my participation.)
San Francisco! Come on out to our Love Your Veggies Lunch Break for Schools event at Lafitte!
- HVR Leopold Navy Strength Gin Cocktail
- HVR Ice Cream in cold Carrot Broth
- HVR Crusted Local Fish with Sautéed Little Gems and HVR "Bread Sauce"
- HVR Savory Panna Cotta with Shaved Fennel Salad
- Cassolet of Duck, Sausage and Brioche HVR Crumbs
- Cauliflower Frito with poached Farmers Egg and Spicy HVR Dressing
- HVR Spiced Potato Crusted Tuna Nicoise Sandwich
- HVR Rubbed Roast Pork Loin Sandwich with Spicy HVR "Russian dressing", pickled HVR carrots and cabbage.
- HVR Potato chips
What: Love Your Veggies Lunch Break for Schools Event with Chef Russell Jackson
Where: Lafitte, Pier 5 San Francisco
Why: To raise money for an amazing program—do good while eating good!
About Lunch Break for Schools
Lunch Break for Schools is a fundraising event involving the generous participation of chefs, restaurants, volunteers and the American Culinary Foundation. Chefs from around the U.S. will prepare and sell healthy lunches that follow the White House-recommended school lunch guidelines, with proceeds going to support nutrition education and outreach for kids. The guidelines encourage healthy eating by promoting vegetables and healthy ingredients such as whole grains, low-fat dairy products, low salt, low sugar and fresh produce.
Inspired by a study that found that children consume more vegetables when paired with a moderate amount of ranch dressing, the makers of Hidden Valley Salad Dressings, as part of their Love Your Veggies program, have made a $150,000 donation to underwrite the fundraiser and support American Culinary Foundation’s work with the Chefs Move to Schools program.