- 4 bottles of white wine
- 1 cup of fruity or floral liqueur (pomegranate, peach, apricot, cassis, or elderflower)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 12 whole cloves (in a cheesecloth "bouquet garni" bag, so you can remove them later)
Then add, as you like (there is no wrong):
- 3 chopped, tart, green apples
- assorted stone fruits (peaches, nectarines, cherries)
- half a melon (galia, musk, water, honeydew), or a mixture of several equaling a half
- halved strawberries
(Save the citrus fruits for your red sangria.)
Let sit for 24 hours. Just before serving remove cloves and add one liter of ginger beer or ale for a little fizz. Serve over ice.
Goes down a little too easy so be careful.